Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

So we've all watched "WANTED" ?



First time I saw WANTED I was more impressed with their absurdly cool abilities, bending bullets --- whoa!! That's to name one of the many BUT what really tuned my attention was the visual effects that were used in the movie. Let me tell you one thing before I go any further., I watched movies like everyone else but when I sit there infront of the screen I usually go " hmm I wonder how they make that effect, I wonder how many camera they used, I wonder if the background is real, I wonder if that is CG or real..." those are the things that are going on in my head when I watch a movie.

Anyways, when i watched WANTED, I WANTED to watch it again and try to achieve one of the very first effect in the movie where a fancy bullet shot the guy in the head and their was some fancy blood effect. Of course now I am faced with resources and time and not to mention those great talented artists, well I wanted to do it so I sat down and studied the scene again and again after which I started to model the bullet ( this was the easiest part and maybe the most fun'nest' part ). I knew I won't be able to achieve the effect as precisely due to some obvious reason like resources mainly and also its a hollywood movie effect that took atleast few thousands $$ wise and hour wise..which I dont have ( neither of them ).

My point really is that, its a feat that is quite high up there but I honestly think if I have more time and patience I can get this effect almost like the movie. The video below is my test render though I don't think I will work on it any further. Zero dollar spent and maybe 2 days for the making. I think it aint that bad and well it was a good practice.


Wanted Effect (Revised and Improved) from John Paite on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei chu a awm ang khawp mai.. animated movie puitling deuh pakhat siam teh a.. mizo thawnthu engemaw ber.. hetia tawi te te tilo hian.. pui tham deuh han ti teh..

Illumination said...

Nia a chakawm, ka sawi ka sawi thin alawm, mahse mimal project atan chuan budget neih bok si loh chuan a hautak khop ang.
Hemi scene render tur ringot hian ni hnih dawn a ngai ania ( second tlem te) chuvang chuan siam thei tur chuan network rendering vel tih chur chur theihna nei ila chakawm. Mahse ka la tum alawm, ka la siam ang.

Rka said...

nang hi chu aw... i thil rawn tarchhuah apiang hi a entlak viau zel, zothana soi ang deuh khiang eng emaw chu i siam ve a ngai a ni. Aizawlah awm la i hlawk ngawt ang. :D

thiam ve ila chu sorkar hna ka thawk miah lovang mawle hahaha

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Is something wrong with your template or it is by design? The sidebar is at the bottom.

I can no longer read your blog because they are too technical :-) but I can still watch your videos!

Illumination said...

@rka kan la ti em em ang chu, ka tum alawm, ka thianpa hi delhi ah hian production media company tan tho hian a thawk a, kan lo sawi dun reng thin alawm. Ani chuan Sudden Muanga a siam duh tlat ta a hehe..film puitling deuh siam ka duh animation hlang ni lovin amaherawhchu CG integrate bawk ila.

@Ben - A header ka dah na lamah html kha in khoilai emaw ber kha ka edit palh a size kha a khailak vek a, chuvangin a hnuaiah ka sawn thla ta ani kha.

DaGGyLo said...

Woo-Hoo! clap,clap...ENCORE!

Btw,Manuni cauh tinge i link a?>! *wink*

Illumination said...

i thik em ni daggylo?? ka lo dah ve dawn che em ni? lolz...

Lucy In The Sky said...

Aw awi..in va thiam leh si ve!!!!

Hetiang lampang thiam hi hmelhriat ka nei ve nual a...Ka thiam ve lo na-in ka ngaisang bawn bottol..

Joseph Zahau said...

John pui thei gei mai i thil design te hi a reality top bakah texture nd rendering hi a ang ka ti top thei lo




Joseph Lawma Zahau